Our client is one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveyor with good Main Contractor experience to join their team on a permanent basis for a role that they have in Cumbria.
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Experience in the preparation of compensation events
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts.
Essential Experience / Skills:
- 5 + year’s relevant experience with a main Civil Contractor.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Experience of Sage systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft
- Project/Primavera would be an advantage.
- Estimating experience would be preferable
- Experience in NEC is preferable, ideally in option C contracts
- Experience in general procurement duties
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with a leading civil engineering contractor