Our client is one of the leading civil engineering and construction contractors in Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for a Site Engineer with good Earthworks, drainage & RC Works to join their team for a permanent role that they have in the Watford area.
- act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- set out, level and survey the site
- check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- oversee the selection and requisition of materials
- agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- prepare reports as required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with civil engineering contractor or large subcontractor
- GPS setting out experience is essential
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the leading civil engineering contractors across the UK and Ireland.