Our client is an award-winning UK construction and fit-out contractor. They take a holistic approach to construction, viewing each building as a single entity, rather than an assembly of packages.
They are looking for a Site Engineer with good residential experience to join them on a permanent basis for a role that they have in the London area.
- act as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, craftspeople and operatives
- set out, level and survey the site
- check plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- ensure that all materials used and work performed are in accordance with the specifications
- oversee the selection and requisition of materials
- agree a price for materials and make cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- manage, monitor and interpret the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws
- communicate with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress
- day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- plan the work and efficiently organise the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- oversee quality control and health and safety matters on site
- prepare reports as required
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- A foundation degree, HND or degree accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
- First Aid
- Residential experience
- Main Contractor experience
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to work on a prestigious project with excellent career development opportunities with this fast growing contractor.