Our client is one of the leading civil engineering contractors across Ireland and the UK.
They are looking for an Ecological clerk of works to join a project for an installation of a 37km pipeline in the Ipswich area.
- Overseeing, in conjunction with the Project Engineer, the delivery of all measures detailed in the Environmental Management Plans (EMPs) and supporting method statements, including inspection of the works on the site
- Monitoring and quality control of the embedded ecological mitigation measures implemented by the Principal Contractor
- Leading and assisting in the delivery of the management of ecological issues such as the presence of protected species, works in designated sites etc.
- Liaising with the Contractor Project Management Teams, which will have the responsibility to deliver all construction and maintenance activities
- Overseeing and quality-control of the implementation of the ecological tasks undertaken on site throughout the proposed development to ensure a consistent approach is adopted in applying the measures detailed in the EMPs and supporting information
- Reporting of any ecological measures undertaken and implemented on site
- Reviewing relevant documents, including risk assessments, method statements and evidence relating to all proposed work activities that may impact upon ecology to ensure that they are appropriate and compliant
- Conducting tool-box talks or other ecological briefings with the contractors;
- Maintaining a Site Ecology Register (SER) of works conducted and feed into the GIS database, from site establishment through to demobilisation, including weekly updates and a photographic record of activities carried out (and recommendations of future works)
- Determining what measures are required and need to be implemented for work activities and how they will be communicated to the contractor, which will be done in conjunction with the Lower Thames Crossing Project Management Team and their contractors
- Liaising with stakeholders as required.
- Degree in relevant qualification
- Experience on similar project types
- Driving licence and preferably their own 4x4 vehicle
An excellent opportunity for someone looking to work with one of the UKs biggest civil engineering contractors.