Servisource, on behalf of our client is seeking an Estimating assistant to support the existing Estimating function.
Reporting to the Estimating manager, your role will include:
- Check, acknowledge and log all tender documents and amendments, plus monitor tender document movements throughout the office.
- Adding tender to Tender Work Load programme
- Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties and ensure BoQ’s are copied and drawings are prepared for site visits by assigned contracts manager / supervisor/ estimator
- Support the estimator in identifying sub-contractors and suppliers to issue enquiry packages to.
- Prepare enquiry packages and dispatch to sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Follow up supplier/sub-contractor phone calls and maintain a “live” progress schedule report.
- Ensure sub-contractor and supplier quotations are received and input into the estimating system. Hand-over and presentation of returned and completed tender bid enquiry package to the estimator.
- Attend tender launch and mid tender review meetings, brief team on tender enquiry status and supplier / sub-contractor feedback, take and issue minutes.
- Ensure all information and arrangements are made for tender adjudication meeting.
- Maintain central tender filing system.
- On successful tender prepare files in conjunction with the estimator for hand-over meeting as directed by the estimator.
To be considered, you must have the following experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role with a construction business.
- Tertiary construction or engineering related qualification.
- Full knowledge of construction materials, construction Methods & Technology, procurement and the local subcontract market.
Excellent opportunity for career progression and professionals development
Competitive negotiable salary
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org