Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of Project Manager in London. Our client is one of Ireland’s leading Main Contractors with an expanding portoflio of projects in the Central London area.
What is required
- Project Management, in compliance with company policies, procedures and Building Regulations
- Good knowledge & understanding of the GCCC Form of Contract as well as RIAI Standard Forms of Contract
- Good knowledge & understanding of the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- Good technical knowledge of building processes and details
- Ensure compliance with Quality, Environment & Health & Safety Management System to ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001
- Co-ordinate construction of projects to meet programme, budget & specification.
- Co-ordinate Site Meetings with the Design Team & Subcontractors
- Manage and direct site staff and all subcontractors
- Monitor construction, with regard to quality of workmanship and materials
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Construction Team to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information.
- Chair & recording of meeting with sub-contractors, design teams or the like
- Close liaison with the Project QS to monitor cost control, identify variations and procurement of subcontractors.
- Ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, building regulations and good building practice
- Check and understand all drawings and specifications. Ensure that any errors / omissions are formally communicated to the Design Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the Design Team members supply all requested information on time
- Production and revision of the contract and sub contract programmes
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services i.e. site diary, RFI:s, Emails, Contractors Reports, Programme etc.
What you need to have
- Ideally degree qualified with a Minimum of 3 years +’ experience with Main Contractor in Ireland or the UK as a Project Manager on £10m+ projects
- Motivated individual with excellent negotiation/communication skills, confidence to “think on your feet” and hold a strong commercial awareness
- Excellent IT Skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, including Planning Software - Microsoft Project, Asta or the like would be advantageous.
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael on 01 707 1012 today
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice on our website www.buildstaff.ie