Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of Estimator in London. Our client is a leading Contractor expanding in the UK with some exciting new projects in Central London.
What is required
- Preparation and negotiation of tenders submission;
- Measuring and Quantity Take-Off from drawings;
- Producing Bills of Quantities;
- Sourcing pre-project information;
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity;
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions;
- Produce Tender report;
- Ensure tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time;
- Attend pre and post tender interviews, client meetings;
- Liaising and reporting to the Quantity Surveying Director, the Estimating Director and Procurement Department in relation to on-going projects submissions;
- Attend regular pipeline meetings to review current tender submission requirements and communicate effectively to keep QS Director up-to-date on project submission status whilst also tracking and resolving issues;
- Keeps abreast of various changes in industry and competitive environment in which the company operates;
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations;
- Perform Other Duties and Projects as assigned.
What you need to have
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years of main contracting experience with proven track record in dealing with Design Teams, Subcontractors and Clients
- Displays thorough understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings to include an exceptional accuracy in measurement capabilities
- Displays high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and issuing enquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure that accurate quotations are received for pricing within specified time frames
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages (Billsoft)
- Demonstrates excellent analytical responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to provide and explain accurate reporting.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities at once.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with a high level commitment to success.
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- A very competitive package is on offer for the right candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael on 01 707 1012 today
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.