3d Personnel have been retained by a successful Northern Ireland Residential Developer to assist them with their search and selection of a Quantity Surveyor. Our client is a well-known and highly regarded in Northern Ireland, England and Ireland. They are looking for a degree qualified candidate with residential or build experience for this role. The successful candidate will be based in the Belfast area however will be required to travel to England two days per week.
- Monitoring job cost against job revenue to identify areas of financial control
- Follow procedures to ensure proper allocation of job cost
- Ensure variations are measured and priced correctly
- Ensure payments are in accordance with subcontract agreements
- Assist with subcontract enquiries, compare quotes, undertake negotiations and place comprehensive orders
- Maintain client relationship through regular interaction
- Assist with the implementation of financial performance indicators to ascertain business efficiency
Qualifications and skills required:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline.
- Relevant Main Contractor experience.
- You will have at least 3 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong working knowledge of contract documents, construction practices & techniques.
- Ability to interpret & make calculations based on drawings.
- Flexible & professional approach to work, self-motivated, confident & organised.
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office & Excel.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor based in Northern Ireland and considering a career move, please apply or contact Brian McGilligan for a confidential discussion. 3D Personnel is a specialist construction recruitment consultancy based in Northern Ireland, England and the Republic of Ireland.