What is required
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager; the role will be based in Dublin.
- Monitor safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system
- Develop safety documents in conjunction with the Site Forepersons/ Site Agent/Project Manager
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with policy
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation
- Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in drafting and communicating method statements for high risk activities
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Manage a team of Safety Advisors / Officers site based
- Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by Dornan employees
- Serve as representative at site meetings when requested
- Manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team
- Advise site management on the first aid requirements for the project
- Give advice to site management on training requirements for each project
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management systems
What you need to have
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role in the construction industry and relevant degree.
- Proven experience of managing a team of 12+ safety officers / safety managers
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to solve problems
- The ideal candidate will be an instructor in Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheel and Safety Harness
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Competitive Salary
- Work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call to discuss in complete confidence.