What is required
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager; the role will be based in Dublin.
- Monitor safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system
- Develop safety documents in conjunction with the Site Forepersons/ Site Agent/Project Manager
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with policy
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation
- Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in drafting and communicating method statements for high risk activities
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Manage a team of Safety Advisors / Officers site based
- Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by Dornan employees
- Serve as representative at site meetings when requested
- Manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team
- Advise site management on the first aid requirements for the project
- Give advice to site management on training requirements for each project
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management systems
What you need to have
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role in the construction industry and relevant degree.
- Proven experience of managing a team of 12+ safety officers / safety managers
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to solve problems
- The ideal candidate will be an instructor in Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheel and Safety Harness
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Competitive Salary
- Work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call to discuss in complete confidence.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.