What is required?
At BSS we are looking for Project Environmental Manager (Scotland) to work with one of our clients, a Leading Civils Main Contractor.
- Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
- Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
- Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate ‘best practice’ EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
- Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes. Provide support and assistance when required to Health & Safety team and lead by example at all times.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of appropriate procedures, approvals, co- ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
- Represent the company on environmental affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
- Manage all environmental regulatory reporting requirements. Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in environmental emergency situations.
What you need to have
- Environmental Degree/Diploma is essential for all applicants
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative) is a distinct advantage
- IEMA Membership or other professional body membership with practical site experience is advantageous, but not essential to this role.
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Generous salary package
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call to discuss in complete confidence.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.