What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to work with a leading M&E Contractors with offices in Cork, Dublin, London and Mainland Europe.
- Provide support to the site’s Construction Manager
- Completing Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Section on pre-qualification & tenders for projects
- Keeping log of company EHS documentation
- Accumulation & logging of information from Audits/inspections/site hours/BBS programme
- Reporting on Audits/inspections/site hours/BBS programme received from sites in the form of report/scorecard
- Administration of the safety management system. Standardising SMS System, updating all forms on master list and distributing forms/docs ensuring correct versions are completed correctly. Upkeep of EHS shared server
- Ensuring Audit Close outs
- Writing & approving EHS procedures & maintaining company EHS manual
- Assist in the implementation of EHS Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure EHS Policies and Procedures are maintained and reviewed as required
- Keeping track of legislation & updating legislation registers for business practice requirements
- Maintaining Business Generic Risk Assessments & Aspects/impacts for company
- Provide advice to all levels on the business as required.
- Participation and involvement in EHS meetings as required
- Scheduling & partaking in EHS external accreditation audits
- Completing desktop audits for EHS external accreditations
- Maintaining & keeping track of EHS affiliations/memberships
- Creating EHS plans, Construction Phase Plans & preparation of documentation folders for upcoming projects
- Notification of construction sites to the H.S.A. where Dornan appointed PSCS
- Liaising with & supporting the site EHS department as required
- Ordering of Supplies for sites such as SWP/Permit books, stickers etc. & ensuring there is always a stock of same
- Supporting the EHS manager in general admin duties
- Maintaining & testing of emergency equipment at Head Office
- Manual Handling Trainer
- Other ad hoc duties
What you need to have?
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 3-5 Years’ experience in the construction industry
- Experience in Manual Handling
- Excellent communication skills
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.