What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to work with a leading M&E Contractors with offices in Cork, Dublin, London and Mainland Europe.
- Provide support to the site’s Construction Manager
- Completing Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Section on pre-qualification & tenders for projects
- Keeping log of company EHS documentation
- Accumulation & logging of information from Audits/inspections/site hours/BBS programme
- Reporting on Audits/inspections/site hours/BBS programme received from sites in the form of report/scorecard
- Administration of the safety management system. Standardising SMS System, updating all forms on master list and distributing forms/docs ensuring correct versions are completed correctly. Upkeep of EHS shared server
- Ensuring Audit Close outs
- Writing & approving EHS procedures & maintaining company EHS manual
- Assist in the implementation of EHS Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure EHS Policies and Procedures are maintained and reviewed as required
- Keeping track of legislation & updating legislation registers for business practice requirements
- Maintaining Business Generic Risk Assessments & Aspects/impacts for company
- Provide advice to all levels on the business as required.
- Participation and involvement in EHS meetings as required
- Scheduling & partaking in EHS external accreditation audits
- Completing desktop audits for EHS external accreditations
- Maintaining & keeping track of EHS affiliations/memberships
- Creating EHS plans, Construction Phase Plans & preparation of documentation folders for upcoming projects
- Notification of construction sites to the H.S.A. where Dornan appointed PSCS
- Liaising with & supporting the site EHS department as required
- Ordering of Supplies for sites such as SWP/Permit books, stickers etc. & ensuring there is always a stock of same
- Supporting the EHS manager in general admin duties
- Maintaining & testing of emergency equipment at Head Office
- Manual Handling Trainer
- Other ad hoc duties
What you need to have?
- NEBOSH Certificate
- 3-5 Years’ experience in the construction industry
- Experience in Manual Handling
- Excellent communication skills
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence