What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Project Manager (Mechanical or Electrical) to work with a leading M&E Contractors with offices in Cork, Dublin, London and Mainland Europe.
Project Start-Up Phase
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team.
- Liaise with the UK Director of the project regarding staffing for the project.
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
- Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram.
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues.
- Develop project safety and quality plans.
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan.
- Mobilise site establishment.
- Development Project measure prior to commencement of Construction in line with the agreed project programme
- Ensure projects team familiarity with the Projects contract requirements (JCT or NEC etc.)
Project Running Phase
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the UK Director of the project.
- Manage your site team:
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries, and engineering, quality and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with Contract requirements
- Ensure audits are carried out by the ED in accordance with the design plan (if applicable).
- Attend meetings with client.
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed.
- Hold monthly team meetings to discuss project progress against milestones
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S & Lead Engineers.
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan.
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
- Submit monthly internal reports to UK Operations Director.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- Manage and coordinate installation of the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical aspects within construction industry standards and local authorities requirements if applicable
- Manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance for installation in accordance with the projects specification and contract documentation
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met.
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level.
- To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Audit and prepare on-site quality plans
- Monitor & maintain site EHS requirements
- Establish an effective material stock control and storage system
Project Completion Phase
- Understand the requirements and actions to be taken to test, commission and handover the project prior to the commencement of the commissioning period
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan and projects specific requirements.
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the ED.
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date.
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and projects Building control officer.
- Issue O&M manual format’s for approval prior to final submission
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings.
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective.
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with UK Director of the project.
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the UK Operations Director.
- Archive project server and EHS files in accordance with DESL’s requirements.
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected.
- Undertake a lessons learnt review on the project and present these findings to the UK Directors
- Post contract completion i.e. clearing site/archiving/financial & practical review/installed drawings and manuals/secure disposal of confidential information and systems
- Ensure your project team is following Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all project teams have the required EHS training
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by:
o setting objectives at the start of the year
o monitoring progress against specific objectives/ KPIs throughout the year
o discussing progress against these objectives at performance reviews
o acting as a mentor and advising on training development opportunities
- Put forward ideas and take action to implement continuous improvement of the Company
- Maintain a site diary / day book
- Maintain the company’s confidential information policy
- Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion
What you need to have?
- Project Management Course
- People Management & Leadership Course
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme or IOSH 4 Day Managing Safely
- HVCA or equivalent CSCS Card Platinum or Black
- SMSTS Course
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.