What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Project Manager (Mechanical or Electrical) to work with a leading M&E Contractors with offices in Cork, Dublin, London and Mainland Europe.
Project Start-Up Phase
- Arrange and chair handover of project from estimating department to construction team.
- Liaise with the UK Director of the project regarding staffing for the project.
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cash flow and billable schedules, etc.
- Produce procurement plan, drawing / design plan, construction programme, s-curve and histogram.
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues.
- Develop project safety and quality plans.
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan.
- Mobilise site establishment.
- Development Project measure prior to commencement of Construction in line with the agreed project programme
- Ensure projects team familiarity with the Projects contract requirements (JCT or NEC etc.)
Project Running Phase
- Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the UK Director of the project.
- Manage your site team:
- Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries, and engineering, quality and safety issues.
- Ensure compliance with Contract requirements
- Ensure audits are carried out by the ED in accordance with the design plan (if applicable).
- Attend meetings with client.
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed.
- Hold monthly team meetings to discuss project progress against milestones
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S & Lead Engineers.
- Advise client in good time of current sales plan.
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control.
- Submit monthly internal reports to UK Operations Director.
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project.
- Manage and coordinate installation of the project.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical aspects within construction industry standards and local authorities requirements if applicable
- Manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance for installation in accordance with the projects specification and contract documentation
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met.
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level.
- To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards.
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Audit and prepare on-site quality plans
- Monitor & maintain site EHS requirements
- Establish an effective material stock control and storage system
Project Completion Phase
- Understand the requirements and actions to be taken to test, commission and handover the project prior to the commencement of the commissioning period
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan and projects specific requirements.
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the ED.
- Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date.
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and projects Building control officer.
- Issue O&M manual format’s for approval prior to final submission
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings.
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective.
- Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with UK Director of the project.
- Produce a project close-out report and submit to the UK Operations Director.
- Archive project server and EHS files in accordance with DESL’s requirements.
- Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected.
- Undertake a lessons learnt review on the project and present these findings to the UK Directors
- Post contract completion i.e. clearing site/archiving/financial & practical review/installed drawings and manuals/secure disposal of confidential information and systems
- Ensure your project team is following Company policies and procedures
- Ensure all project teams have the required EHS training
- Providing a positive contribution towards your team’s performance and development by:
o setting objectives at the start of the year
o monitoring progress against specific objectives/ KPIs throughout the year
o discussing progress against these objectives at performance reviews
o acting as a mentor and advising on training development opportunities
- Put forward ideas and take action to implement continuous improvement of the Company
- Maintain a site diary / day book
- Maintain the company’s confidential information policy
- Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion
What you need to have?
- Project Management Course
- People Management & Leadership Course
- CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme or IOSH 4 Day Managing Safely
- HVCA or equivalent CSCS Card Platinum or Black
- SMSTS Course
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.