What is required?
At BSS we are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work with one of our Leading Main Contractor based in London.
To provide full support to Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying and Contract Administration functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide advice and mentoring to Commercial Team
- Reviewing of Contracts, and ensuring compliance
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Managing and forecasting the Cash flow of both projects and the business
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, Analyse and report on trends within the Business & Projects
- Provide Data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme/Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
- Reporting directly to Commercial Manager
What you need to have?
- Academically (Degree) qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles or Accountancy roles in a Construction/Engineering business
- Mechanical and or Electrical Experience required
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- High Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- Risk Awareness, and management
- Experienced in Dispute Resolution and excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- SAP & Microsoft Office advanced user skills advantage
- Good oral & written communication skills
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Permanent Full-time role
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidence.
BSS will process the data you have provided to help us find you suitable employment and offer you opportunities to help further your career. As we are a recruitment agency you may be considered for multiple roles that are suitable to your experience. You can review our Privacy Notice here.