Based: Ireland or Europe
Projects Value: €5m to €50m
Responsibilities will include implementing company policies, systems & procedures. The HSE Manager will be responsible for the HSE Function and reporting directly to the Project Manager and Group/ Regional HSE Lead.
- Support the HSE Manager and team with planning, coordinating and implementing of effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the department objectives are met.
- Provide support to Project and Operation team in all aspects of safety, occupational health, safety and environmental issues.
- Ensure a strong, experienced, professional and capable team is in place and trained.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Attend pre-job, planning and client meetings as required on HSE related matters.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Ensure training, tool box meetings, and drills are implemented as part of the company’s training and HSE program, i.e. emergency response systems, etc.
- Investigate and complete the process for close out of all Accident Investigation Reports and prepare/submit lessons learned to the Regional HSE Manager for submission to the management
- Manage Safety Statistic reporting.
- Track and provide regular HSE performance reporting to the Dept head.
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
- Attending Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars and reading professional journals.
- Conduct HSE trainings and orientation to all new employees.
- Ensure all worksites are HSE compliant with Company policies and safety standards.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Positions Available for 5 Years, Plus Experience.
Degree Qualified/ Relevant HSE Qualifications
Data Centre/ Industrial/ Commercial Experience