3D Personnel are currently recruiting for a Mechanical and Electrical Supervisor to work on a permanent in London.
Your New Company:
An award-winning UK construction and fit-out contractor with a reputation of being leading employer in the construction industry and has ambitious plans for growth. They offer an open and friendly business culture with a focus on teamwork
Your New Role:
- Prepare MEP design programmes and Technical Submissions Schedules, get designers and specialist sub-contractor buy-in to these timescales and then manage the process and monitor progress during the course of the project.
- Provide an M & E coordination/integration service to the construction teams on specific projects to ensure that the Construction Team fully understand how the MEP works interact with the build activities. Convey to the team key dates for BWICS, dust free rooms and dates, plinth requirements, critical services routes.
- Manage the M&E contractors during the design and construction phases of a project to ensure quality and time parameters are achieved.
- Review key MEP materials, plant and interfaces to ensure they are fit for purpose and provide long-term durable solutions without exposing the employer to unnecessary latent maintenance or H&S risks.
- Review all MEP design information to ensure it is clear, complete, meets statutory / CIBSE requirements, complies with the ERs and is fully coordinated with all other disciplines.
- Organise, schedule and chair technical meetings with members of the design team and supply chain, during the pre and construction phases of the project. Generate technical queries and monitor response performance.
- Attend Client meetings to report on MEP design release/ design development progress, ensuring support and guidance is offered to the client in relation to requests and their obligations in the building MEP design.
- Chair MEP services technical meetings and report on MEP progress ensuring the construction and installation are developing as planned to the contracts team on a regular basis.
- Review tender drawings and assist the Estimating team in understanding any gaps or risks within the tender MEP design
To Be Successful:
- Construction qualification in one of the following as a minimum: HND / HNC / BTEC
- CSR or CSCS Card
- 3 years' recent relevant experience as an M & E Co-Ordinator or MEP Contracts Manager
- 3 years' recent experience of planning, directing and co-ordination of M & E projects
- 3 years' recent experience successfully managing and co-ordinating M & E teams on a large scale as well as a team of multiple disciplines
- Understanding of the construction process
- Proven track record of monitoring sub-contractors
- Management of client expectations
- Preparing and presenting reports to Senior Management and Clients
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Flexibility to work away from home
If you are looking for work please sign up to our daily alerts, you will be sent jobs suited to your Skills, Pay Rate & Location