Vacancy: Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £55K + Package
A high spec Residential build contractor offering a flexible, tailor-made design and build service that works seamlessly with the client’s requirements.
To be responsible for the commercial function on each project from budget formulation through build to delivery and completion.
To take overall responsibility for delivering projects within budget. The Q.S. will, in conjunction with an office based assistant, develop existing estimates into project budgets, conduct sub contract procurement, and post contract financial control and reporting in line with company policy.
- Develop the estimate, and complete a budget for each scheme.
- Liaise with all departments within the Company to provide continuous value engineering on each project.
- Oversee the preparation of tender enquiries to trades, and authorise accordingly.
- Accurate cost Analysis of sub-contract tender returns (minimum 3 per trade) and follow through with pre order meetings and order placement.
- Assess and agree interim payments against sub-contract orders.
- Attend H.A. Site Meetings and administer Development Agreements.
- Maintain weekly site visits and implement Company Policy on additional costs.
- Ensure Management Cost Reports are accurate and up to date.
- Co-ordinate with the build team to ensure sub-contract orders are placed ahead of build requirements.
- Provide costings for sales extras as requested.
- Agree final account for each contract.
- Co-ordinate with build team to deliver each project on time, to budget and in tune with Company policy quality.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Residential QS/Main Contracting Sector
- Able to demonstrate project delivery within a set time frame
- Good management skills
- Good knowledge of construction methods and materials
- Budget handling skills
- A methodical approach to work
- A clear understanding of Building Regulations and other legal guidelines
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
To apply for this position, call Richard Irwin on 07940375546 or alternatively please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org